Frabjous Fibers specialty blends are hand dyed with professional textile dyes to create brilliant, long-lasting colors. We handle the top with care to ensure it is lofty and easily drafted. It's easier and more enjoyable to work with quality fiber; consequently, it yields a better result! Choose from four extraordinary and luxurious fiber blends (more details).
We have dozens of colorways, from subtle to dazzling, and we add fresh inspirations regularly. View them in the scrolling images or download a pdf and then choose your favorites from the drop-down menu.
Frabjous Fibers hand dyed top is kettle-dyed to order in small batches from one of our many original colorways; please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Due to the nature of hand dyeing, colors may differ slightly from braid to braid. If working from multiple braids, mix them together as you spin for the most blended look.
Material: Hand dyed wool and wool blends in four select combinations
- Merino Sparkle: 65% 21 micron Merino, 35% nylon sparkle
- BFL Sparkle: 70% Blue faced Leicester, 30% nylon sparkle
- Lucky Baaahboo: 60% superwash merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon
- *new* Merino-Tencel: (50/50 blend merino and tencel fiber)
- Silky Cashmerino: 70% superfine Merino, 15% mulberry silk, 15% cashmere
- *new* Organic Polwarth/Silk: 80% organic polwarth, 20% cultivated silk
- Opulence: 30% superfine Merino, 30% tussah silk, 20% baby camel down, 20% royal alpaca
Size: 4 oz. braid
Every yard is an adventure!
Frabjous Fibers is a wholesale supplier accepting new accounts. See our information page and register now to shop online. For retail sales, see our "Where To Buy" list of local yarn shops and online outlets.
Journey into our worlds of color and texture: recycled silk fiber and banana silk yarns and ribbons from India; fair trade felt needle cases and notions bags from Nepal; and from Vermont, hand dyed wool fiber for spinning and felting in rich, saturated colorways.
Learn about our fibers and fair-trade products.